Reply To: Driver side power door not locking Nissan quest 2007

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Driver side power door not locking Nissan quest 2007 Reply To: Driver side power door not locking Nissan quest 2007

Canada-Q2005
Participant

Feel your pain! The doors getting stuck probably are the major factor in them failing prematurely. I found that in Winter it helps to spray rubber molding where door makes contact with the chassis with Silicon spray lubricant, but unfortunately that has to be done like daily. It does not last.

Here’s something I did not quite get: when all your doors are locked, can you still pull on the driver sliding door handle and open it? Does it unlock itself then?

My passenger power door failed a few years back and I found the root cause to be the rusted rear hinge that slides back and forth along the rail at the waist height. I disassembled the actuator and found that from excessive effort involved in collapsing that hinge the cable gnawed through plastic gear and broke it. I since removed the actuator and operate the door manually.

The rusted hinges can be removed and worked back and forth while applying lots of WD40, then Lithium grease until they are back to normal. For me that was very involved, as I had to use a couple of breaker bars initially to even move the hinge slightly, but after about 30 cycles it started to free up with liberal spraying of WD40.