Reply To: Driver side power door not locking Nissan quest 2007

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Driver side power door not locking Nissan quest 2007 Reply To: Driver side power door not locking Nissan quest 2007

You
Participant

When I pull on the door handle, I can either let the motor (which turns on) open the door, or pull the door to the opened position manually, but it certainly knows that if shouldn’t be doing that, because the alarm does go off to irritate every neighbor. I can close it up again and I’ll hear a clicking noise as if it locks, but I am not familiar with the design of the door so I am not sure if it uses the same latch for locking the door and just preventing it from inadvertently sliding open. It does seem to secure, because I cannot pull on the door with raw force to open it, the handle has to be pulled to disengage some locking mechanism before I can open the door. But the alarm sounds nevertheless, and I know for a fact that it is locked. I’ve used both the key fob and the master Lock button on the driver door. I’ve discovered that the door does decide to lock intermittently, almost whenever I try to demonstrate it. Really bizarre.