Reply To: Replaced Blower Motor and Resistor working just barely 2000 Quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest Replaced Blower Motor and Resistor working just barely 2000 Quest Reply To: Replaced Blower Motor and Resistor working just barely 2000 Quest

Hoseman1958
Participant

Mr. Gonzalez,

Thank you for such a detailed and thoughtful reply. I am embarrassed to report that I did not understand that the new front heater motor that I bought from Rock Auto could have “dual polarity.” I was wondering why there were two “butt splice connectors” in the package, but am glad I did not discard them.

A kind individual a O’Reilly Auto Parts guessed correctly that the new motor was turning in the wrong direction. It came from factory turning clockwise. When I removed the new motor and tested visually, I saw that for the fins on the squirrel cage, the motor needed to turn counterclockwise . All I had to do was cut and splice the wires to reverse the polarity all is working perfectly now. For anyone else who needs to do this, there are 3 8mm bolt head screws that attach the motor up into the container. The back one is a PITA, but I was able to get a regular small 8mm wrench back there and get that screw in and out w/o too much trouble.

Since I am having some other electrical issues with this vehicle, I will refer back to the detailed instructions you offered here about testing for electrical problems. Thank you again for your kind response!