Reply To: 2004 Nissan Quest 71000 miles timing chain tensioners are broken

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest HAS ANYONE HAD TIMING CHAIN PROBLEMS? Reply To: 2004 Nissan Quest 71000 miles timing chain tensioners are broken

carmine5
Participant

My mechanic wont even touch it he referred me to nissan, stating that this has become a very common problem with the 04-05 nissan quests. When I called Nissan in sarasota the man there agreed that it is a problem with the 04-05 nissan and that no recall has been issued at this time. He said they are advising people to keep there receipts for this almost 2000 dollar job and if a recall is issued you can submit receipt for reimbursement. I asked him if there is any chance of a recall being issued he said honeslty maam in my 10 years of service I have yet to see that happen. So in another words NO. We bought this van brand new in hopes we would have a decent van for the long haul, it has been nothing but a money pit since we bought I will never again buy Nissan. Esp with the fact that they know this is a problem with the 04-05 that is why they changed the way they make them in 06. What a crock.