Reply To: 2004 Automatic Rear Door latch

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2004 Automatic Rear Door latch Reply To: 2004 Automatic Rear Door latch

bgrubb7
Participant

Mine will not even open with the Back Door handle in manual mode (when the main on/off button on overhead console is turned OFF). So I don’t think the Motor assembly has anything to do with it. Even in manual mode, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I have been reading through the FSM, and attempting to diagnose, but can’t get very far. I tried using the diagnostic mode, but can’t get it to go in diagnostic mode. Been reading through the FSM for hours and it’s just turning my poor brain to mush…

Since the back door handle is not a manual handle at all, but just a switch, I’m thinking that the entire system is not getting power most of the time. Whatever is causing the problem, it is in both Automatic and Manual mode. Does the Body Control Module supply the power to both the Motor/Control Unit AND the rear handle/latch in BOTH Automatic AND Manual mode?

At this point I’m leaning toward the BCM being the culprit, which will require a trip to the dealer…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  bgrubb7.