Reply To: Nissan Quest – 2004 – Code P0306 – Location of Cylinder 6

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Nissan Quest – 2004 – Code P0306 – Location of Cylinder 6 Reply To: Nissan Quest – 2004 – Code P0306 – Location of Cylinder 6

prasadsubbu
Participant

Oldman,

Thanks for elaborate reply. No, the engine is not heating. I am always watchful about it while driving since my other car had head gasket issue some time back.

The van is having just 65k on it. That is why I was not suspecting either headgasket or valve problem. But who knows, it could be anything at the end of the day.

Lordofthering had some interesting information. From what he has done, it looks like if it is p0306 code, it is not cast in stone that it is problem with 6th cylinder! I would not guess that in a million years.

AS to location of cylinder 6, according to the sources in internet, it is front right most when you face the car from front. I verified it in several sources. 1,3,5 firewall side. 2,4,6 front side.

I am not a handy man enough to open firewall side. Have to find some reliable mechanic. What would be good price to do gasket job, or fuel injector or cylinder valve job on this Van? Just want to know the worst case sceanrio and what I am getting at.

Thanks a lot to both of you for all the information provided.