Reply To: Nissan Quest – 2004 – Code P0306 – Location of Cylinder 6

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Nissan Quest – 2004 – Code P0306 – Location of Cylinder 6 Reply To: Nissan Quest – 2004 – Code P0306 – Location of Cylinder 6

Oldman
Participant

Well i thought when you mentioned your spark plug had some burn marks on the porcelain I immediately assumed something wrong with it. That’s not necessarily correct. The plug insulator frequently develop brown streaks after a while. Post a pic of the plugs on the front bank and we can tell if they’re normal or not. The second thing is when you check for coolant level you have to check the level in the radiator, not the overflow tank. You should also check for greenish/yellowish deposit around the hoses on the coolant hose that hangs off the cowl. That place tends to develop leaks as well as the top and bottom radiator hoses. if you can smell coolant after driving for a while most likely there’s a leak under pressure somewhere. I suppose it’s possible for a p0306 to originate somewhere other than cylinder 6 but then you can’t easily check the firewall side cylinders to find out, unless you have access to another vq35de car you can test the coils in it.