New Topics › Forums › General Discussion › 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest › PlEASE STATE ALL THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE HAD WITH YOUR NISSAN QUEST › Reply To: PlEASE STATE ALL THE PROBLEMS YOU HAVE HAD WITH YOUR NISSAN QUEST
2007 well-maintenanced Nissan Quest 3.5 L
1. Timing chain guide 01/2015…replaced just guide and chain
2. Timing chain guide again 04/2015…replaced entire assembly with newer all nissan parts ( this includes a new water pump which shops install during this process.) according to the mechanics.
3.Lifter noise…switched to synthetic oil changes only
4. stops when driving, shuts off…replaced senor “bank one”
5. will not accelerate normally… ????
6. overheating 05/2015
7. lifter noise???05/2015
I am at 138000 miles and have driven my van about 300 in the last 9 months. I have only owned it two years and are still financing it another two years. Previous owner has all dealership proper scheduled maintenance on file. I bought the van at 111000. Expecting normal things to come up. Appears a class action suit was started up in CA regarding the previously factory installed plastic tension guides that seem to break prematurely, depending on how much stop and go they can break in as few as 50000 miles to mine, but I was not covered by any Nissan recall and footed a large bill. I am currently experiencing an out of nowhere overheating problem after finally resolving the shut down problem.I changed the sensor in bank one and now I overheat at idle and fan will turn if ac is on and will turn if pushed a little, but not in a normal fashion. I also smelll a little coolant but my levels are ok. I am very confused as the fuses and relays seem to be working as well as the fan motors. My last repair shop said my ecm was working fine. I do have to crank it at least twice to start, never before had this issue before went in to change timing assembly. all issues are new since van came back from shop.Anyone with any of this?
- This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by quest4momfive. Reason: added water pump to things replaced