There is a PARK/NEUTRAL POSITION (PNP) switch that you have to check, adjust, and/or replace. When there is a malfunction, you should get code P0705 in the computer.
Here is the adjustment procedure:
1. Remove control cable from manual shaft.
2. Set manual shaft in N position.
3. Loosen park/neutral position (PNP) switch fixing bolts.
4. Insert pin into adjustment holes in both park/neutral position (PNP) switch and manual shaft as near vertical as possible.
5. Reinstall any part removed.
6. Check continuity of park/neutral position (PNP) switch.
PS: I could not find a way to insert a picture in here.