'04 Quest SE parting out or for sale. Hit from behind. Runs and drives.

New Topics Forums General Discussion Classifieds '04 Quest SE parting out or for sale. Hit from behind. Runs and drives.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  BarefootSoul83 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

haygood

ATTENTION PLEASE: I have received and offer for the entire vehicle which I am very likely to accept. Of course details are still being worked out, so if it falls through, I’ll post accordingly. Thanks.

Gray ’04 SE, DVD system, Leather, Sky View, 5spd. Auto

Parting out. Everything for sale. If you want the whole thing, it is still road legal, inspected and registered, and drives as nicely as it ever did. The only difference is that the hatch window is out and the passenger rear door stays open about half an inch, so the wind noise has increased a bit.

Assuming no one wants the whole thing, I will take the remainder to the local salvage yard, where the prices will be jacked up and most of it will go to waste. Let’s cut some deals on this stuff before I have to get it out of my driveway. Good usable parts include:

Engine – 35,000 miles. No “Service Engine Soon” codes. All maintenence done on schedule by someone who knows how to do it right (me). Driven carefully by someone who had planned to keep the vehicle a long, long time (me – my other cars are 13 and 20 years old, not counting the 78 year old one). The engine will be sold as a long block, fully dressed, or complete with any wiring and computers, as you like it. I use the larger oil filter from the Titan, just because the parts guy suggested it, it fits fine, and more filter area can’t be bad.

Transmission – never any problems. I drive for gas mileage and don’t race around in my van – I have a Scirocco to beat on. So the trans has had an easy life, too. This is the 5spd like any SE. The 4 speed in the base, S, and SL vans is no comparison. It is less efficient and never seems to be in the right gear. This is the only factor that made us get the SE. I will sell the trans, or the trans with whatever you want to make it a swap.

DVD system – will be pulled with any amount of wiring you desire to come with it. The whole system is available, including the display, remote control, and two wireless headphones. The whole center overhead console, with lights, compartments, and air vents, is available, too. The headphones have been in a closet all of their lives.

Wheels (17″ alloys), tires, air conditioner, alternator, shocks, struts, springs,
    Conrol arms, steering rack, everything!
    Brakes – the right front rotor might be slightly warped. I’ve detected a slight shudder in it over the past year, but it hasn’t gotten any worse.

Interior – red leather interior was hard to find, but looks great (to me). The seats are in fine condition. Individual seats, headrests, or whatever you want are available. The middle row seats have always had car seats in them, with padded vinyl covers between the leather and the carseats.

Door panels, carpet, floor mats (my kids are in carseats, so their feet never even touch the mats) The red interior comes with charcoal colored door and side panels. They look really nice, and better, to me, than the light grey stuff I thought would get dirty too easily.

The front bumper cover has a scuff in the paint. The passenger left door has a minor scratch and crease, maybe 6″ from the bottom. My wife dragged it across my car’s bumper a few months back. The other doors are perfect, I believe.

FOG LIGHTS, are fine. If you want to add fogs to your S or SL, I’ll pull the lights, headlight switch, and anything else you tell me you want.

Headlights are fine. No scratches, no problems. Tail light lenses are cracked. CHMSL (center high mounted stop light) on hatch is fine. Somebody save this stuff from the crusher.

A friend just asked for the rear windshield wiper and the tray under the engine. I retrofitted my engine tray with the new fasteners specified in the technical service bulletein. If your tray is falling off, read the tech bulleteins and get those cheap bolts on there.

I can’t begin to list all the parts that are good on it, so just ask if you need anything.

I’ll ship anything. I have a lift, professional tools, and forklift and packing materials, so shipping large bits by freight is no problem. The vehicle can be driven anywhere, and parts can be trailered anywhere if you want to pay me for delivery instead of a freight company.

I only have pictures of the damage to the rear. I’ll post some pics of the entire van in a day or so. …Oh, I’ll have to downsize pictures. 12MP originals available upon request. What is the max file size for post attachments?

I have had a great experience owning my ’04 Quest SE since it was new. It had nearly 35,000 miles on it when it was hit a few weeks ago. The rear bumper was pushed up into the cargo area. The van took it well and protected its five passengers. Unfortunately, the door openings and frame are unrepairable. I got a small check from the insurance company because the lady had really low policy limits. I got to keep the van, so I’m trying to give it a fitting end by letting others get the parts instead of sending it directly to the salvage yard where it will be ignored and deteriorate. Please spread the word to anyone who might need quest parts, VQ35DE engine, or a nice driving dented up work vehicle. Thanks!

Brian
    Tyler, TX

haygood

I forgot to mention–

AIR BAGS did not deploy. All of the four airbags are available, as is the airbag control module.

SEATBELTS did not auto-retract, and are available

STEERING WHEEL – black leather with multi-function controls. All in good condition on this low mileage van.

’04 Quest hit from behind, runs and drives, parting out.

wakramer

I assume it has the heated mirrors. I might be interested in them depending on how difficult they are to install.

What are you asking for the wheels? I have brand new tires so it’s premature for me to start thinking about changing wheels but I’m just curious.

juched
    Participant

Driver side front grey mat? How much to Waterloo, Ontario Canada?

Thanks.

juched
    Participant

Volume controls from steering wheel? Just that part, not the entire wheel.

haygood

Are we talking about just the mirror glass, or the entire mirror assembly? Any wiring involved, or is yours pre-wired? I’ll try to research this a bit. All prices are “make offer” at this point.

haygood

My mats are dark grey – maybe charcoal and nearly black. I’m trying to get some pictures up, but it keeps telling me the file size is too large (141kb!) Is this limited because I’m a newb? Anyway, mats are available. I checked shipping by DHL, but it was astronomical. I’ll check USPS, etc. Send me your e-mail address and I’ll send you pictures. My e-mail is available if you click on my userid.

haygood

Do you want the cruise control stuff, too? Do you need the wiring coming down the column? Make me an offer and we’ll plan to add actual shipping costs.

ktranne
    Participant

I need all 4 struts if they are not leaking or blown, fog lights (lights, switch and wires).

wakramer

I would only be interested in glass. I don’t know if they are pre-wired but I don’t mind wiring them myself if I have to. Would you take $50 for the pair?

haygood

Just let me know what you consider to be a solid offer. However, please see the note at the top of this page. The vehicle is being sold as a whole. I’ll post more if it fails or goes through.

haygood

Please see the top of the page. The vehicle is hopefully being sold as a whole. If the deal falls through or closes, I’ll let you know.

Thanks to everyone involved, so far.

ktranne
    Participant

how about a deposit? do you have pictures so I can see the condition of the items? thanks.

matrix111
    Participant

i want the alloy wheels, and fogs lights if the deal fell let me know.

aeio2go
    Participant

Hey Brian, any word on the entire van being sold? If it has the cross bars for the roof rack, I would be interested. Please let me know where the sale stands. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.