04 Quest won't go into park.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 04 Quest won't go into park.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CanadaQ2005 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cv499
    Participant

I have an 04 Quest that has been nothing but a headache. The latest in a long list of problems is that it will not go into park. The van runs and drives as normal, but last night when my wife came home and moved the shifter to park the van started to go backward. I thought maybe it was sliding on the Ice since our driveway is on a slight incline. It was not sliding. We tried to move the shifter back and forth maybe 5 or 6 times then it finally shifted to park. Anyone else had to deal with this? I refuse to take it to the local nissan dealer. I would appreciate any feedback!

CanadaQ2005
    Participant

Check linkage between the shifter and the tranny. That’s the starting point, everything else is increasingly more expensive: tranny fluid change, tranny diagnostics, rebuild… Don’t take to the dealer – take it directly to the tranny repair shop (dealer would send it there anyway – they outsource most of the repairs).

If you want to do diagnostics yourself, refer to AT-258 procedure in FSM for starters. You should read entire Auto transaxle FSM diagnostics section anyway.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.