05 Nissan Quest heater & A/C problems

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 05 Nissan Quest heater & A/C problems

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kdunaway 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

res0tm5t
    Participant

We own a 2005 Nissan Quest. Here lately we have noticed that when we run the heater it stops blowing heat @ idle & sometime while driving. While this was happening one day I kept hearing a clicking noise coming from under the dash on the passenger side of the vehicle I am not sure if this is related or not.

During the summer here in Texas it gets pretty hot. I have thermometers in the vents & the A/C would only get down like 60 degrees. I had my Freon level checked by a buddy & was told that it had too much in it so we let some out. (checked with gauges) After that it started blowing cooler but only for a few days then it went right back up to 60 degrees.

Any ideas would be AWESOME I have almost made a decision to change the expansion valves. Would this help? Maybe the 2 problems are related….

Thanks

kdunaway
    Participant

When either the key fob button is pushed or the console button in the van the rear hatch will not open. It tries to open, goes up a little, then makes a beep-beep-beep sound and closes. You can hear the locking mechanism engage so it seems to be working. Also the motor sounds like it is working. The same thing happens when trying to close it. Therefore you have to manually open and close the rear door. It is very difficult to manually open or close it as well because when I attempt to open it, the motor is fighting to close it at the same time, and vice versa when attempting to close it. Very frustrating. I need to know if it is the strut, motor, limit switch, or something else.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.