'07 stock stereo speaker adjustment issues

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest '07 stock stereo speaker adjustment issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prgonzalez 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JBedore76
    Participant

I can’t change the speaker controls on my 2007 quest. Volume and stations work fine, but when it comes to changing the levels of the bass and/or treble, or which speakers the sounds are coming from, I can’t do anything. I can press the button all day and it doesn’t do anything. I took the car to the dealership, but they said that I would need to replace the entire stereo; that it can’t be fixed otherwise. Personally, I think that they just want the $500 for the stereo plus labor. I’m sure that there’s got to be another way to fix it; maybe the wires underneath became detached or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! 🙂

prgonzalez
    Participant

Unfortunately, failure like that are not caused by a loose wire. It is more likely that the button itself is broken. Your solution would be to replace the button. If you like to adventure with electronics, take it apart and see if the button is available in the market and replace it. Otherwise a new radio is the solution.

In my case, I updated the radio system in my ’99 Quest and I installed a Pioneer with integrated bluetooth. Best $225 investment I have done in my van. Awesome sound and awesome handsfree phone on the road + safer driving.

NO TEXTING WHILE DRIVING.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.