'09 Brake Shuddering – Most Common in Front or Rear?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest '09 Brake Shuddering – Most Common in Front or Rear?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oldman 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

foxhound421
    Participant

My wife’s ’09 Quest is suffering from brake shuddering… again. I replaced all four rotors and sets of brake pads about 12-14 months ago. This time, I’m looking at ordering some slotted rotors and ceramic pads to see if the difference in heat will result in me not having to do this dance every year.

My question is, how can I tell whether the shuddering is coming from the front or rear rotors? I can only really afford one set right now and I’d hate to buy a set, replace them, and still not fix the problem. Is shuddering in one axle more more common than the other? Also, If it helps, I have notice that the van tilts slightly forward when braking. Not sure if that’s related.

Thanks in advance.

Oldman
    Participant

search my post for brake shudder you have to make sure the pads are ground smaller than the slots they go into so they’re floating rather than dragging

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.