1993 nissan quest turns over wont start

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest 1993 nissan quest turns over wont start

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saneude 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mdkenyon
    Participant

van wil not start..it has spark, good fuel pressure, the distributer pointing at number one wire and number one cilender at top of stroke.. timing belt is in tact what do i try next..

Saneude

Hello… Thanks for posting this. I actually have a 98 quest that I completed doing an engine swap on Friday. Saturday I drove it from San Antonio to Round Rock. It ran really good until Sunday after taking it to get it washed. I parked it and now it will not start. It has fire, new timing belt, fuel pressure, and there is even a pulse reading from the injectors but it will not start. I can not figure it out. If anyone posts and answer to your question, please let me know. Have you tried spraying a little carburetor cleaner into the throttle body and then checking if it will start. Mine started up after I sprayed some carb cleaner but I can not get it to stay on, on its own. Try that and you will see if it is at least starting up. (Meaning your timing belt is good and that the Timing is on track)

Saneude

I am continuing to see what I find out. If I get it figured out, I will also post my findings for you.. Good luck.

Saneude

Hello, I have gotten mine to start. The issue with mine was the fuel pressure regulator. I had fire and gas but would not start. I got a fuel pressure tester and my fuel pressure was too high. High fuel pressure will cause the injectors to shutdown due to excess current being drawn and detected by the injector driver. Once I replace the fuel presure regulator the Van Started. I also checked the fuel line (rubber)from the fuel filter to the injector rail, it was a little bent and this could have cause fuel from getting to the injectors and causing the high fuel pressure on the gauge. Try it out and let me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.