1993 Quest. BooKoo Electrical Problems

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest 1993 Quest. BooKoo Electrical Problems

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  NewQuest 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

NewQuest
    Participant

We have a lot of electrical problems on our 1993 Quest.

Blinkers don’t blink, but the front blinkers come on when you move the turn signal lever. The rear blinkers do not come on at all.

The brake lights don’t work when you push the brake pedal, but they DO come on when you turn on the parking lights. Back up lights work fine.

Headlights work ok, but on High Beam, the left headlight goes out.

The horn blares whenever the horn relay is plugged in so, obviously, we have to have the relay out. 😀

The cruise control light comes on when you push the button, but when trying to SET speed, the dash light CRUISE light blinks.

Dash lights work OK and dim when the dim switch is used.

Gauges appear to work fine.. Radio works. A/C, Heater, fan all work.

Sometimes the interior light under the dash will come on randomly and the ding-ding-ding will sound, as if you opened a door with the key in the ignition.

The reading lamps by the rear view mirror work fine but the dome light does not.

I have checked fuses and bulbs and all appear in working order. While checking the fuses, the interior underdash light came on and the ding-ding-ding sounded as described above.

We just purchased the vehicle and was told that the steering column had been replaced. We read that on other mini-vans this caused similar
    electrical issues. Also, with ours, you can turn the ignition, start and drive the Quest without a key.

I am hoping that all these clues add up to something easy, but I don’t hold out much hope for that. 😀

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.