1996 Villager Front Heater Core Question

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest 1996 Villager Front Heater Core Question

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jasew503 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jasew503
    Participant

I have a 1996 Villager with a manufacture date of 12/96 and the front heater core started leaking. I removed the heater core and am replacing it with one obtained from a very good condition 1995 Villager “Nautica” edition (whatever that means) with a recent heater core replacement less than 8K miles ago. The manufacture date on the 95 was 07/96.

Upon replacing the heater core, I noticed the 95’s Heater core has a “Shut Off” Valve on the core itself which hooks to a arm that leads to a servo/knob like most older Nissans Ive worked on. However, mine (the leaking one from the 12/96) does not have a shut-off valve of any kind, and it appears that the only way it gets cold ambient air into the cabin is by moving a door and blocking the heater core itself, meaning the core always has coolant running through it. Other than that, the heater cores appear identical.

Has anyone else ever noticed that?

I installed the heater core anyways, just leaving the shut off valve in the OPEN position.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.