1997 Quest EGR failure

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest 1997 Quest EGR failure

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ciera87 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ciera87
    Participant

My 1997 Quest check engine light went on. The scan code indicates it is EGR error. Has anyone experienced with this problem?

ciera87
    Participant

The P1041 EGR failure seem to be a well known problem due to a defective BPT hose.

Check out Steve Cutchen’s Villager/Quest FAQ site. I have followed the instruction and replaced the BPT hose. My local Nissan dealer charged me $10 for the hose.

After the hose replacemnet, the CEL has been gone for two days. Stay tune.

http://home.earthlink.net/~vqfaq/

Select the Check engine light topic:

“…Here’s a diagram of EGR system for a 95 Quest. This shows the BPT hose (Arrow points to it) that burns and opens up.

I got this printout from the dealer, since I did not know where it was either. My 95 Quest Check engine light was intermittantly on during freeway driving, Yes this hose was burnt in two pieces. After replacement, no more check engine light. “

ciera87
    Participant

Service Bulletins Summary

Make : NISSAN Model : QUEST Year : 1997
    Manufacturer : NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
    Service Bulletin Number : NTB98011 Date of Bulletin : JUN 15, 1998
    NHTSA Item Number : 601729
    Component : ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE:GASOLINE

Make / Models : Model/Build Years:
    NISSAN / QUEST 1993-1998

Service Bulletin Number : NTB98011
    NHTSA Item Number : 601729
    Summary Description :
    SOME VEHICLES HAS AN EGR MALFUNCTION DUE TO CRACKED BPT VALVE BOTTOM HOSE. *YC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.