1999 Nissan Quest Cruise Not Activating.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest 1999 Nissan Quest Cruise Not Activating.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prgonzalez 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

emanzer0

I can set the cruise control and the light will show it’s active with the light on the dash but it never actually activates and cruises. The speedo works. Is there anything I should look for in order to get the cruise to activate? This is my main concern I can live with the below issue.

Also, having an issue after starting the van you have to slightly turn the ignition back or none of the accessories will work (Wipers, Radio, Cig Lighter, etc…) what could i do to fix that problem? Replace the ignition switch? Please help. Thanks!

prgonzalez
    Participant

1. If you have the green light of cruise control, it is definitely activated. The other part is vacuum and cable connection to the throttle control. Check the throttle control for two steel cables, one goes to the pedal, the other goes to a vacuum canister. Check the canister for corrossion and check all hoses for leaks and/or cracks.

2. For the electrical issue, the answer is yes, replace the ingition switch.

emanzer0

Thanks for the help here’s what I had to do.

1. I replaced the vacuum hose from the vacuum canister to a black box that was right next to the canister. Then I had to reconnect the hose from the black box to a nipple that was part of the intake manifold. Works perfect now!

Next I’ll look at replacing the ignition switch. Is there a tool that is needed to get the old one out?

prgonzalez
    Participant

The service manual does not give much detail of how replace the ignition key assembly. There is a good chace that it comes attached to the steering lock. If that’s the case, you only need a drill and drill-bit to remove the self-shear type screews that hold the steering lock assembly. Sorry, I cannot give more info.

Pedro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.