Frequently, but not always, the rear wiper when activated drops down on the rear deck and stays there. I have to open and then close the rear window to get the wiper to return to its original position. I’m looking for the cause and solution. Thanks, the forum looks good.
i have a service manual i bought on ebay. the instructions for the rear wiper problem are as follows (let us know if this works):
1. Tilt rear wiper arm to upright position.
2. Grasp base of rear wiper arm and pull it from the pivot shaft.
3. Disconnect washer solvent hose.
1. Connect washer solvent hose.
2. Place wiper arm base over pivot shaft and firmly push wiper arm onto pivot shaft.
3. Gently tilt wiper arm downward until contacting rear glass.
WIPER ARM ADJUSTMENT
1. With wiper arm removed, turn on wiper and allow it to cycle two or three times, then turn the wiper switch to OFF and allow wiper motor to return to “park” position.
2. Install wiper arm and align splines so that the siper blade is located on the edge of the black printing on the rear glass.
3. With wiper arm installed, operate the wiper and allow it to cycle two or three times.
4. Turn the wiper switch to OFF and allow wiper motor to return to “park” position, then ensure tha the wiper blade is still located at the edge of the black printing.
5. If necessary, readjust wiper arm.
My 97 and my 2001 both have done that for no reason. I use the rear key and help it back up.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.