Sometimes I have to, for lack of a technical term “jiggle” the Gear Shifter (auto trans) to get it to start. If it’s not in the right spot, it will not turn-over or do anything. I would say it does it once in about every ten times I start it. I bought this Quest with 190K + miles and do not know the history on it. It does run really good and just about everything works on it (except the CD/DVD system).
If anyone has experienced this and knows why it happens and what it’s going to take to fix it I would appreciate your feedback.
There is a PARK/NEUTRAL POSITION (PNP) switch that you have to check, adjust, and/or replace. When there is a malfunction, you should get code P0705 in the computer.
Here is the adjustment procedure:
1. Remove control cable from manual shaft.
2. Set manual shaft in N position.
3. Loosen park/neutral position (PNP) switch fixing bolts.
4. Insert pin into adjustment holes in both park/neutral position (PNP) switch and manual shaft as near vertical as possible.
5. Reinstall any part removed.
6. Check continuity of park/neutral position (PNP) switch.
PS: I could not find a way to insert a picture in here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.