2004 LCD display

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  smoovedriver 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kyle700
    Participant

My LCD display with the odometer, fuel and temp gauges don’t illuminate properly. Are the clusters the same for the 04-07? I already tried unplugging and plugging, cleaning with contact cleaner and electrical grease, nothing helps. any other ideas?

cirrus
    Participant

I thought the illumination is from bulbs inserted on the back of the display. If you pull the cluster out, look at the back and check those bulbs. Probably those are burnt out.

Kyle700
    Participant

The bulbs have nothing to do with an LCD display working or not working. My question is, will a 06 cluster work in a 04?

dtownfb
    Participant

The best thing to do is check the parts number for each model year. Based on this website, it looks like the clusters are the same for 2004, 2005 and 2006. The S and SL are the same but a different one for SE.

http://www.partswebsite.com/nissancatalog/?i=2&make=142&model=1128&year=2004&catid=30174&subcatid=32344&section=123&type=parts

Hope this helps.

smoovedriver

when attempting to pull out the center cluster do you just grab both sides with both hands and pull upwards?… i just want to make sure so that i dont break anything. Will the clips break if you pull it too hard or the wrong way?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.