2004 Nissan Quest Front Windshield wipers not working.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2004 Nissan Quest Front Windshield wipers not working.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rrsanford 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

desertdog
    Participant

2004 Nissan Quest Front Windshield wipers not working. The rear wiper is working. The front just stopped working. I believe I have found the fuse for the front wipers in the fuse box under the hood on the passengers side. If I’m correct it is a 30a fuse. The fuse checks out OK. I was told there is a relay switch that also works the front wipers. It is not marked in any way. I need help locating this relay switch. Once it is located how do I test to see if it is working properly? If that is not the problem, I assume it is the wiper motor. Is there a test for the wiper motor as being the problem?
    Thanks

fire07quest

Im having the same issue with my wifes 07 quest now. Did you find a solution?
    Thanks
    Chad
    shfd2943@gmail.com

fire07quest

After tracking down the 07 service manual and downloading it to look at the wiring diagram, I checked check voltage at the pin locations. Everything seemed good so I was assuming the motor was shot so I pulled off the cowl only to find the linkage popped off the motor. I popped the linkage back into the plastic ball socket and tested the wipers. They are working, so buttoned everything back up and tested them again and still working. They must have been in a bind on the last snow storm and either they popped out or the wife moved them to get the snow out of them and they popped off.
    Thanks
    Chad

gurjit

interesting article, very . I like it very much. I come acoss this site by yahoo search engine

gurjeet

jon625
    Participant

Comfortably, the article is in reality the greatest on this noteworthy topic.

London Home Buying Service

rnandhay

I had a similar problem it was snowing like crazy last night so I parked up without turning off the wipers (big mistake in the snow) well I started my van in the van in the morning and cleaned it all up, turned the wipers on and nothing, here is what happened the wiper transmission bushing broke, I looked for one at the dealer but the parts department was closed on Sunday which happened to be the day that this all happened. This is the part that saved the day for me in the help section of Autozone DORMAN part number 49449 is for Nitssan altima but works on the Quest, I hope this was helpful it cost about five dollars.

Rrsanford
    Participant

This is in reference to the reply by mandhay. I realize this post is old but if you get this can you let me know how well the dorman p/n 49449 worked out for you in fixing your wiper linkage. I have a 2008 quest with a broken leakage bushing am trying avoid buying the ~$100 whole assembly from the dealer. Thanks in advance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.