2004 quest hesitate at 3000rpm

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2004 quest hesitate at 3000rpm

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  baro 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

gspeed

I scanned the check engine light and it came up P0403-EGR Flow ckt Malfunction
    I bought a new EGR valve and installed it. But no luck, engine light still on, with the same codes, and it still hesitates when driving over 3000rpm.
    Any ideas what i should check for?
    Has anyone incountered this problem?

dtownfb
    Participant

gspeed – Here’s a discussion on the P0403 code on the http://www.nissanhelp.com forums. Apparently a bad ECM was causing the problem.

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/quest/10750-2004-quest-ecm-codes-p0447-evap-p0403-egr.html

gspeed

Thanks dtownfb for that disscussion link
    Im haveing the same symptoms
    A few days prior to the hesitaions, both of my remote fobs stopped working, i tested the batteries, they were fine. And the one day, both power windows were down and the lights and locks were flickering.. very weird.
    Im guessing the ecm could cause this.
    Im gonna call around the wreckers for a used ecm
    Will i have to bring the van to the dealer, or can i swap it out?
    thanks

dtownfb
    Participant

The ECM is pretty easy to access. It’s on the passenger side right on the firewall (upper part of the engine bay). There was a recent discussion where a member disassembled the ECM and waterproofed it. The process of taking it out seemed pretty easy. Here’s the link: http://questdriver.com/node/1269

gspeed

Thanks dtownfb for that discussion link, it looks very easy to do.
    I wish i read up earlier on the ecm problem, now its too late.
    I called the dealership, a new ecm will cost 1100 plus installation and reprogarming. $1300
    I called around some wreckers, i found a few, how can i tell if they are compatable.
    Can i use an 2006 ecm???
    I removed my ecm and took down the unit #
    Do the ecm # have to be exact the same??

dtownfb
    Participant

Unfortunately, I’m not sure about that part.

baro
    Participant

Hello,

I am writing from Poland and I am happy owner of Nissan Quest 2004. I really love this car and having four kids it is a big pleasure to drive with it. I have exactly teh same issue with my Quest which I can not pass over 3000 rpm with “engine service soon” lamp on and code …403 from EGR.
    Did replacement of ECM help finaly in your case?
    I wonder what i should do in Poland with this kind of problem:). Even I buy on ebay new ECM do you know how if this is possible to do outside dealer?

Too many question sorry about that and thanks in advance for any help

Bart

Oldman
    Participant

If the code is EGR then you should fix the EGR, not buy a new ECM. The ECM is the “computer”, the EGR is a valve actuated by a solenoid through the computer. You can service your own EGR using the procedure in the factory service manual.

dtownfb
    Participant

Oldman has it right. I would replace the EGR valve.

baro
    Participant

Guys,

Thanks. Today service guy took out my ECU and it was full of corrosion. They try to clean it they foung one hole in the boddy where water came in. Engine do start after removing of ECU. Finally I have to replace ECU. My number is MEC 33 015 A1. I could find on ebay two:
    1. Exactly my number remanufactured for 500 USD
    2. Other PN MEC63-300 B1 4920 – 150 USD

Can you give any advice if other PN can be compatible with my car?

Thanks for any advice. New cost arround 1000 USD

Bart

baro
    Participant

Thanks for the feed back !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.