2004 Quest – P1800 (Hard First Start)

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2004 Quest – P1800 (Hard First Start)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dtownfb 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

irockstar661

Just picked up a great deal of a vehicle but did not notice the issue I am now having. When I start the car after been sitting for a about an hour or so, it will not start up on first crank. It will crankl and crank but not flip over until I stop cranking it and re-start it. I have no check engine light but pulled a P1800 code. It also makes a loud ticking noise at two times, one at first cold start (lifters? maybe old oil filter) and when accelartating (constant ticking – possibly exhaust leak). Has anyone had these issues or possibly help me look in the right direction, thanks!

dtownfb
    Participant

irockstar661 – had this code on my 2004 Quest last summer. Very, Very easy fix. Here’s the thread: http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/quest/15470-strange-problem-p1800-p0340-tcs-slip-etc.html

make sure you read it all the way through. Basically, if the hoses check out and connections check out, you need to replace a sensor. I included the part number in this thread.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.