2004 Quest the following dash lights come on or flicker, ABS, Slip, TCS, Brake Light

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2004 Quest the following dash lights come on or flicker, ABS, Slip, TCS, Brake Light

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  quest2005 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

aircooled
    Participant

On my Quest the following dash lights either flicker or stay on, ABS, Slip, TCS, and brake light. Has anyone had a problem like this. What can make all these light flicker or stay on? Is there a place to check for a fault code?

Thanks in advance for your help.

youngck

I just had the same problem about a couple weeks ago. Question is does your van stall when you slow down are braking to stop? In addition, does your van have a hard time starting up and then finally turned over? When all this started to happen, the ABS, Slip, and TCP lights came on. I got an OBD II code of P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit (Bank 1 or Single Sensor). After doing some serious detailed searching, I was told that you need to replace the Camshaft Position Sensor A (Bank 1). In addition, if you are going to replace Cam Position Sensor A, it is in your best interest to replace Cam Position Sensor B and a Crankshaft Position Sensor. Apparently, if one sensor goes out the other sensors will join within days. The Cams and Crank somehow help balance the VVT and timing of your engine. Several Nissan vehicles from 1998 – 2007 tend to have problems with those sensors. The A and B Camshaft Position sensors are located as if you are looking on the top right hand side of the engine compartment. Not both sides of engine, just the right side as if you are facing front of engine. One Cam is in the middle front part of engine compartment and the other is toward the firewall (Need to take off airflow piece that is connected to air filter by the firewall for a better reach). They will have a light green colored snap-on. Crankshaft Position Sensor is located on the bottom of the engine towards the front next to the frame. Use a 10mm ratchet. One of the Cam sensors will be straight and the other angled. Crankshaft sensor will be straight. http://www.RockAuto.com had the best price and got to my house the next day:
    Beck/Arnley – #1800490 (Cam Position Sensor 1) = $40.89
    Beck/Arnley – #1800491 (Cam Position Sensor 2) = $42.89
    Beck/Arnley – #1800501 (Crank Position Sensor) = $44.79
    ——–
    $128.57

dtownfb
    Participant

great post! Same thing happened to me last summer on my 2004 Nissan Quest. Fixed it in my driveway with my friend and basic tools. Took about 30 min. to replace the 2 Camshaft position sensors, that included the time to retrieve the bolt that we dropped.

quest2005
    Participant

I need to replace my crankshaft position sensor and appreciate if you can help me locate it on my 2005 Quest. Last saturday, I jacked the van up and looked under the engine and couldnt see any thing that looked like the sensor. I understand that there is a plate covering it but I couldnt even see any square plate down there. I have previously replaced both cam shaft sensors and I am pretty sure the crankshaft position sensor is going out too. I was following the diagram on the this page.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2005_Quest/ec.pdf
    page EC-314 to EC-321

EC-319 is the location under the vehicle

and http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2005_Quest/em.pdf
    EM-31

Appreciate if you can help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.