2004 Quest timing chain guide part #?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2004 Quest timing chain guide part #?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lanka1 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kyle700
    Participant

Does anyone happen to know the part number for the timing chain guide? Is there an updated part with a new part number, or is the replacement the same as the original, which is…….?

thanks

borutapl
    Participant

Jimmy Newtron
    Participant

Could also check out these 2 links for a cheaper/easier fix:

$67 repair
    or
    “Fix the Tick”

Lanka1
    Participant

I had to replace timing chain guides. It is the main chain guide that breaks and the plastic piece slides down and the main tensioner goes and hits the main chain in the wrong place. Dealer near me wanted $2100. I bought parts from ebay searching OE or OEM parts and bought at 1/2 price what my dealer charges…..exact same NIssan parts. I replaced the main tensioner, the guide and the main chain, both secondary guides and not the tensioners. Replaced both secondary chains. I found a mechanic on Craigslist near me who charged $400 labor. Parts cost me about $250. However, Service Engine Soon light still did not go out even after several drive cycles. My van would not pass Emission Inspection thus could not register with DMV. Culprit was the 2 Camshaft Sensors on Bay 1 and Bay 2 I replaced with Beck Arnley parts. Until I re replaced with Nissan sensors I had a catastrophe. Nissan sensors I replaced myself one night and immediately, took the SES light out and 1 drive cycle made Emissions Inspection turn to green light on my OBD II scanner. Next day I was the happiest man on earth.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.