2005 Nissan Quest right sliding door-rear latch not latching/closing

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2005 Nissan Quest right sliding door-rear latch not latching/closing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Acidhouse 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

treez811
    Participant

on side sliding door latch..the one at the back of the sliding door is not latching. There is a white heavy plastic mechanism that is not placed in position like the opposite sliding door latch. Is the latch faulty? Can we manually turn the latch? We tried but only got it to move one direction and apparently it isn’t the right direction. will not move either way…

Acidhouse
    Participant

I don’t know if this will help but I went through this problem for a year. The door wouldn’t latch, the light was on, the interior light stayed on. Ours was on the non-auto door side. A couple of weeks ago, I finally figured it out. I thought the latch didn’t look right. That wasn’t the problem. On the back of the door, there is a matching hook that looks like the one on the front part of the door. It’s held together by three 10 mm bolts. Two of the three bolts were missing and the other was very loose. My guess is that after years of kids slamming the doors, the bolts came loose and dropped out. I happened to have one 10 mm bolt in my toolbox. I screwed that in and the door slid perfectly closed and latched. Again, there are a few reasons why this happens but I have never read about my particular reason in all the posts. Hopefully this helps you out. If not, it’s one more thing to check off the list.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.