2005 quest se heater problems and hazards not working.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2005 quest se heater problems and hazards not working.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mmahamm 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

swiftstang04

hey everyone, i purchased a 05 quest se a couple months ago and noticed my heater takes a very very long time to get hot. i have it cranked up to about 90 degrees and still not much comes out(fan works fine). any suggestions? also my hazard button doesn’t seem to work. turn signals work perfect but no hazards? how can that be?any advice would be great. thanks.

barrell
    Participant

Is the van’s engine temperature coming up to normal? If not you need to have the engine thermostat replaced or at the very least tested.

If the engine temperature is coming up to normal than you might need to replace the cabin air filter. I am not sure how to do it yet since I have not replaced mine on my 07, but I think the instructions are out there on the net somewhere.

For the flashers, check for burned fuses first, if the fuses are fine than you might have to replace the flasher. I’m not sure if the flasher switch has a high failure rate or not but I’m guessing that it’s not at fault. The replacement flasher should be available at a local parts house.

————————————————————–
    Some cars are fast, some cars are fun…. …my Miata is not fast.

mmahamm
    Participant

Before you decide a replacement thermostat is in order, check your coolant level. If your coolant is low, often the cabin will not heat up. If it is low, there may be a leak somewhere, which would be the root cause, but in the short term, add coolant.

Make sure the coolant you add is compatible with what is already in there.

Michael
    Northern Virginia

2008 Nissan Quest S

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.