2006 blower stuck on high – won't shut off while car is turned on, only when ignition is off does it stop blowing.

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2006 blower stuck on high – won't shut off while car is turned on, only when ignition is off does it stop blowing.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shdw03 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jpannone
    Participant

I have a 2006 Quest, and one morning I turned on the fan (blower) to use with the defrosters, and as soon as I turned it on the first dial setting (low), it immediately turned the fan on high. I tried to shut it down by turing it off, and the fan won’t turn off. All displays show correct position of fan switch (off, low, etc.) but, fan/blower motor stays on high. The only way to shut off, it to turn the vehicle off.

shdw03

its more than likely the blower resistor. usually plugged in near the bottom of the blower motor behind the glove box. Not sure exactly on the Quest, but common issue with the Titan and an easy $40 fix. Usually 2 10mm bolts and a plug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.