2006 Quest: Power Rear Hatch – bolt came off the power lift system

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2006 Quest: Power Rear Hatch – bolt came off the power lift system

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nickhr25 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bradhood
    Participant

The bolt holding the power lift arm to the rear door has come off. We have shut off the power opening system to the side doors and the rear so it doesn’t damage the door or break the rear glass. Any ideas how to get into the rear door to replace that bolt? There is a small piece of plastic at the top which might come off and provide access but it would be a tight fit? Any help would be appreciated.

Mywifes06
    Participant

Got to thread “2006 rear hatch won’t open”, I had the same problem and it hasn’t given me any trouble in the past year and a half! Hope it helps.

Mywifes06
    Participant

Got to thread “2006 rear hatch won’t open”, I had the same problem and it hasn’t given me any trouble in the past year and a half! Hope it helps.

bradhood
    Participant

Ok, I got the rear hatch problem fixed. I had to cut an access hole in the door to get in there, but managed to get a lock nut back there and got it tightened down solid. I also found the nut that came factory. Seems Nissan tack welded a nut in place to hold it but it finally broke loose. Unfortunately, the trim pieces don’t cover the hole so I have to find a way to pretty up the hole in the hatch. Right now I’m thinking Sonic Weld and some paint.

nickhr25
    Participant

Hey, I have this same problem. I don’t understand how you got the lock nut behind the hole where the tack welded nut broke loose. I have lost the nut and whatever was screwed into the nut. This has been broken for a while on my van. Where exactly did you cut a hole?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.