2006 QUEST PROJECT TO DATE REPORT

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2006 QUEST PROJECT TO DATE REPORT

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bclayt 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bclayt
    Participant

I have changed the mounts, it is ring around the frickin rosy. I thought the misery was gone, I just got done with a 2200.00 timing chain & mounts ordeal & 2 months before that 2 others had gone bad including front control arms,wiper motor,trans boots,catalytic converter you get the picture. Now everything was fine for a 2 week period & here we go again we have got a slipping TRANNY w/ plenty of fluid & flushed & another mount to frame on the wall, it is like a sinking merry go round in quick sand. With only owning this vehicle now for 4000 miles and feedback fom others & sources, I am beginning to think these Nissan’s are a how do we call it…………… JUN_. I keep thinking I am putting this all behind me now. You know this van is a pleasure to drive with it’s acceleration & handling but here comes are wake up call slap in the face REALITY. I well keep posting my ongoing to date bill totaling: Drum roll please
    Stay Tuned………….

Owned since- 9-02-09

Time in SHOP- 2.5 Weeks as of 10/31/09

$ 5300.00 @ 4000 miles owned

PS: Thanks for letting me vent,

Brad

phaseconverter
    Participant

I have a 2004 Nissan Quest that will not heat during startup and Idle. When I drive the car up to even low highway speeds the heat and defrost work fine. I Changed the thermostat and no change, then pulled the upper 12Volt heater pump and checked it ia OK, runs good and the magnetis drive pump end works fine. It is my feeling that this pump only works when the car first starts cold then after the car is running on the road it is not needed. as the main belt drive water pump takes over. I think that there may be a sensor and or relay that operates the small 12volt heater that may be defective as I think I found the fuse for it and it is OK. Please advise if you have any experience with this type of problem, Thanks, Don

twinblown

sorry to hear that, with so many repairs I’d trade it in or sell it. How many miles are on it? ….I own a 06 and so far can’t complaint; 8K miles since I bought it.
    Good luck,

bclayt
    Participant

I have 73,000 miles on my 2006 Quest. I do have my warranty which has turned out to be the best warranty I ever purchased. I think with all these new parts I am going to run it back through the dealer 1 more time w/ warranty an have these problems fixed. If it continues to ride the ROLLERCOASTER OF QUICKSAND, after that I well severe the relationship.

Thanks,

Brad

PS: Good luck to you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.