2006 Quest Radio XM Display

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2006 Quest Radio XM Display

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  musicman 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

musicman
    Participant

I installed an XM radio in my Quest 2+ years ago and it has been working flawlessly. This weekend however the display inherited a constant flashing and you can’t make anything out on the screen. Has anyone had this problem that can shed some light on my situation? thanks.

musicman
    Participant

I talked to a Nissan tech yesterday and he informed me that if you have to jump your vehicle off due to a low battery, be sure to hook the negative lead to the dead battery last and then remove it first after the vehicle is started. Otherwise there is a very good chance you cause a spike to the electrical system and fry components like the display panels and other delicate circuits. It just so happens my van was jumped off weekend before last and I wasn’t there but I’m almost positive that is what happened. You may not see the results immediately but, they will occur. I hope this saves someone from having to replace there LED panel like I am this week.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.