2006 Quest S Power lift-gate problem

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2006 Quest S Power lift-gate problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fire07quest 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tacticaldriver
    Participant

When ever I push the button to open my rear gate it starts to open, it opens about a foot, beeps and then closes. If I push the button again it opens all the way without a problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have a 2004 quest that started doing the same thing about one month ago. sometimes it will also make a clunk sound when closing. I plan to remove the panels today and take a look… if i can figure out how to remove them without damaging them.

It turns out the upper screw that mounts the motor assembly to the van had fallen out. I replaced this screw and the liftgate functions normally.

fire07quest

had the same issue (screw came loose on the sunroof). A shot of medium “blue” lock tight and will never have that issue again. Guess nissan did not torque anything or use thread sealant.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.