2006 SL brake rotors- Can I get some feedback?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2006 SL brake rotors- Can I get some feedback?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mr.Mini 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mep32jep
    Participant

I have a 2006 SL with 66,000 miles on it. I just put the third set of front rotors on tonight and it appears that I will have to put the third set or rears on soon. Problem is a very bad vibration on braking. My wife drives the van and I know that there is no brake riding or hard stops. Anyone else had any problems with this? I have a friend locally that has an 06 and is having the same problem.

If you have had this happen, what was your fix?

NYQuest
    Participant

Get a good pair of after market rotors, Cross Drilled and slotted. I changed mine two years ago and no shakes since.

blade007
    Participant

What brand do you recommend. I am looking to replace both front and back. Also what is a good brand of pads for this car?

Thanks

dtownfb
    Participant

There are so many brake pads and rotors on the market. I would talk to your mechanic and ask him/her what brand they recommend.

Mr.Mini
    Participant

i agree with the “Cross Drilled and slotted” rotors… they are worth it. i have always changed my own pads so i usually go “inexpensive” but i am starting to learn that is NOT the best. i did a lot of looking into this and it looks like EBC GREENSTUFF 6000 SERIES is the ones to beat. i am tired of changing them all the time and cleaning cheap brake dust off my rims. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.