2007 Nissan Quest Starter

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2007 Nissan Quest Starter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  twinblown 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dveiga
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Our 07 Nissan Quest all of sudden doesn’t turn on anymore. I left to the store this morning, came back and then tried to go out 2 hours later and nothing. The battery is fine and strong… all the instrument and electrical things work like wipers, lights (bright), radio, etc.. When I turn the ignition over I hear a click and nothing afterwards. The check engine light on the instrument panel comes on when I turn the ignition like it should along with the rest of the lights.

I know what the starter looks like but I can’t find it at all. The engine bay is so tight in my Quest that I can’t see wehre the + cable from the battery is going. There are like 4 cables coming from the positive side of the battery all wrapped in a wire harness. Two of them are going to the bottom left in a vacuum shaped type of tube.. that’s as far as I can see.

I jacked up the car but cant’ find anything underneath as well. Any suggestions so I can try the hammer trick and see if I can get this replaced.

Thanks,
    Danny

EDIT: I used a multimeter on DC V and having them attached on the battery head it hovered around 12.2 V. I had my wife turn the ignition and keep it there and it dropped to around 11.8-11.9 V

NYQuest
    Participant

Did you even try to give it a jump?

twinblown

Remove all the intake piping up to the throtle body, you should then be able to see and remove the starter from above.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.