My 2008 Nissan Quest just got a “Service Engine Soon” light. The fault code is P0443 – Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit.
A description of the faults
– The listed causes for this code are:
– Bad purge solenoid (internal short or open)
– Wiring harness chafing or rubbing another component causing short or open on control circuit
– Connector worn, broken or shorted due to water intrusion
– Driver circuit inside powertrain control module (PCM) is bad
Since this car is under warranty (22K miles), I called up my local dealer to ask if this problem would be fixed under warranty and they said that they are not sure until I bring the car in and they will charge a diagnostic fee of $240 if the fault is not covered under warranty.
My question is, if you guys know of any circumstance, that could generate the code P0443 and not be covered under warranty.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.