2008 Quest Fan Motor stuck on high speed

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest 2008 Quest Fan Motor stuck on high speed

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jkroggel 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dale919
    Participant

Today when we started our 2008 Quest (35K miles) the fan motor came on high speed and we could not control it at all … regardless of a combinations of settings ..AC on/off, etc. I checked the two 20Amp fan motor fuses in the fuse box under the hood and they are both good. I noticed in the fuse box there is a “fan motor RC” (relay control?) that you can take out. Wonder if that went bad. If I remove that device at least the fan stops running.

Any ideas if that possibly went bad or is this “stuck oh high” more symptomatic of something else?

Thanks!

TSECCMORGAN

The blower resister has gone bad. My 04 was doing the same thing and this fixed it right up. Approx $60 from Nissan dealer and i installed it myself in about 20 minutes. Its located behind the glove box door.

youngck

You can get a Standard Motor Products RU-365 Blower Motor Resistor for $48.99 on Amazon.com with free 2 day shipping.

prbr123
    Participant

Hi,

I have the same issue. 2008 Nissan Fan Motor Stuck at High Speed. Want to replace Motor Blower Resister. I can buy it from Nissan Dealership. Can you tell me how to replace it? I have openned my Glove box. Could not figure which one to replace from there. Thanks Much. Greatly appreciated. Nissan wants 393$ to replace it. Firestone want 150$. Actual part from Nissan costs 73$

youngck

You can buy the AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 4P1686 {#27151ZM70A, JA1808} Blower Resister for your 2008 Quest @ http://www.rockauto.com for $56.79 + shipping = $62.00 to $64.00.

It’s located on the back left by the firewall from your glove box. Try not to buy replacement parts at dealer or at a auto parts place. It’s cheaper if you go to Amazon.com or RockAuto.com. Trust me, I have learned my lesson. And if you are by a college/School that teach automotive repair, they will put it on for you FREE at no cost, as long as you have the parts for them to put on. That’s A Fact!!!!

palnic
    Participant

My 2008 Quest has electronic blower motor control. I opened it and replaced FET(transistor)~$2.0 After that everything works fine.More info plz PM

adleonard
    Participant

We had the same problem on our van. The rear blower ran wide open for a while. It was either off or wide open on. Now the rear blower doesn’t work at all. Could the resistor cause the same problem?

Eureka

Similar symptoms on my 2007… The engine room’s Intelligent Power Distribution Module uses 3 relays to configure the radiator fan (2) wiring for low, med, and high speeds. The Engine Control Module sends off,low,mid,high request signals over the CAN network lines to the IPDM. I’m seeing hi fan speeds almost immediately upon startup regardless of A/C condition. Dealer said my engine coolant temp sensor needs replacing (suggesting the ECM thinks the coolant high temp). I’m not convinced of that, but I will replace the engine coolant temp sensor and post an update…

Eureka

Some resistors from Radio Shack helped confirm Eng Coolant Temp sensor was fine. Other reason for Rad Fans HIGH mode is from ECM seeing high A/C pressure (same as high temp). It’s turning on the fans trying to cool the A/C system down, even if you didn’t turn on the A/C this trip. Using the loaner manifold gauges from Autozone and my multimeter let me confirm A/C pressure was way high on both HI (>350) and LOW, and such high pressure lingers on to activate the RAD FANs HIGH at the next startup.

A/C pressure sensor was sending out voltage just fine. High static pressure reading this morning confirmed that A/C system was contaminated. Dealer evacuated and recharged. Fresh charge has the system running fine now. Dealer noted the evacuated oil was quite discolored and didn’t look good. So while I have A/C now, I will search for the contamination source. Autozone guy thinks the compressor may be leaking some of its lubrication oil into the refrigerant side. More research needed…

jkroggel
    Participant

The RU-365 is NOT the right part for the 2008 Quest!!! I ordered it from Amazon, went to put it in, and the plug fits, but it’s not the same part.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.