2012 Nissan Quest Fuel System Safety Issue

New Topics Forums Site News and Notices Announcements 2012 Nissan Quest Fuel System Safety Issue

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sgb4488 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

KKH
    Participant

VEHICLE STALLED WHILE TRAVELING UP A 2-3% GRADE. IT APPEARED TO RUN OUT OF FUEL ALTHOUGH THE NAVIGATION DISPLAY INDICATED THERE WERE 21 MILES UNTIL EMPTY. THE FUEL GAUGE ALSO INDICATED FUEL REMAINED. THE VEHICLE WAS TRAVELING ABOUT 45 MPH AND FORTUNATELY IT COASTED TO THE TOP OF THE GRADE. AT THAT POINT, THE ENGINE BEGAN RECEIVING FUEL ONCE AGAIN AND KICKED IN. THIS APPEARS TO BE SIMILAR TO PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED ON THE 2011 MODEL YEAR. THE VEHICLE WAS TRAVELING ON A TWO LANE NARROW ROAD AROUND A BLIND CURVE WITH NO PLACE TO PULL OFF. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION HAD THE VEHICLE’S MOMENTUM NOT CARRIED IT TO THE TOP OF THE GRADE. CONTACTED THE NISSAN DEALERSHIP WHERE PURCHASED ON 02/06/2012 AND THE GM STATED THAT IT WAS THE SECOND CALL ABOUT A 2012 QUEST FUEL ISSUE HE HAS RECEIVED. THE OTHER INVOLVED A VEHICLE PARKED ON AN INCLINE THAT WOULD NOT START AND APPEARED TO NOT BE GETTING FUEL ALTHOUGH THE NAVIGATION AND GAUGE INDICATED THERE WAS FUEL IN THE TANK. WHEN ADDITIONAL FUEL WAS ADDED THAT VEHICLE STARTED. ALSO CONTACTED NISSAN CONSUMER AFFAIRS ON 02/06/12 AND FILED A COMPLAINT PROVIDING THEM WITH DETAILS OF THE SITUATION. I ALSO FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE NHTSA ON 02/16/12.

THUS FAR NISSAN IS ACTING AS IF THEY HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS ISSUE. PROVIDED DEALERSHIP DOCUMENTATION OF 11 NHTSA COMPLAINTS ON 2011 QUEST AND 2 RECENT COMPLAINTS ON 2012 QUEST. ALSO PROVIDED MULTIPLE POSTS ON FORUMS ADDRESSING SIMILAR EXPERIENCES.

sgb4488

my 2011 quest has now stopped for no apparent reason 4 times. the first time i was told it was a poorly designed gas tank and i needed that service. i had the new tank put in only to have the car stop 3 more times and then again yesterday at the dealership itself when they were able to duplicate the problem. the bad news is, i was also told there is NO fix for this problem, but their best advice until they can figure it out is to keep the tank half full of gas or more at all times and do not park on an incline. WOW! i purchased my van as a new grandmother for the safety and convenience for the kids. i was sent home this morning with the compromised van to risk the safety of my family until they can “figure” it out……wonder if they would let their wives and daughters drive an unsafe vehicle. so buyer beware, a wonderful, comfortable roomy and accessible van but do not buy!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.