2012 Nissan Quest – How to clean leaf / debris from blower motor behind passenger glove box?

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2011 Nissan Quest 2012 Nissan Quest – How to clean leaf / debris from blower motor behind passenger glove box?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wildwilly 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jackycrv

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a 2012 Quest. 2 months ago, I heard continuous noise from the passenger size. I brought to the dealership, they investigated and said they pull out the glove box, looked into the blower motor and found couple leaves. Since it is not defect, I need to pay for it.

Today, I heard something “suck” into the fan and the noise happens again. Since I don’t want to pay again, I tried to do it myself. I get to the point that I took out the glove box, release the string, un-screw the six bolts and able to pull the panel from the pawls on the left size. However, I can’t figure out how to release the clips on the right size. Could anyone help?

Also, would anyone know how the clean the blower motor?

Thanks

Jack

wildwilly
    Participant

Interesting….My Honda Oddy had this happen and I had to pay for it at the dealer. First time, they replaced blower motor(free). Actually nothing was wrong with it and I did not know that. 2nd time, they charged me 70 bucks to take a leaf out of blower motor. 3rd time, I searched the Honda forum pulled the motor and took out leaf in about 15 min.

Is this a common thing with Vans? I want to be prepared so I will subscribe to this thread for information. I sovled my problem by not parking near our trees in the fall and cleaning all leaves off of the cowling as I saw them. Never happened again.

You would be suprised how much noise a tiny piece of leaf can make…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.