2012 Quest LE – Driver door beeping when opened after turning engine off

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2011 Nissan Quest 2012 Quest LE – Driver door beeping when opened after turning engine off

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  wolfy 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jkaramy
    Participant

Every time I park and turn the engine off, once I open the door there is a beeping sound that wakes up my baby. Do you know why is the sound and if there is a way to turn it off?
    Thanks.

NYQuest
    Participant

take your keys.

jkaramy
    Participant

Thanks NYQuest.

NYQuest
    Participant

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound rude. Mine only beeps if the lights are on or the keys are still in the ignition.

jkaramy
    Participant

Thanks anyway for the clarification.

E52 SPL
    Participant

The 2011- Quest are equipped with the intelligent key. The beep is to warn you to not leave the key inside the car if you leave… as in a purse or backpack. If you want to get rid of the beep, push the START button once with your foot NOT on the brake. It will place the car in ACC. But if you are leaving the vehicle, then it will eventually stop beeping.

michitoffele84
    Participant

I also need this for my baby.. Thanks for sharing such a nice idea..

wolfy
    Participant

You might check with the dealer if they can disable that feature. To be clear this isn’t related to the key fob, its just when you open or close the sliding doors right?

I know with other vehicles I have seen the dealer is able to connect up using their computers and enable/disable certain features. Not saying they can, I would check it out if I were you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.