2012 Quest LE, New Owner Introductions

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2011 Nissan Quest 2012 Quest LE, New Owner Introductions

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  2013QuestTitaniumBeige 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

wolfy
    Participant

Well my wife and I just traded out much loved 2010 Maxima Sport SV with everything.

Got into a 2012 Quest LE, with everything as well. We do miss the maxima until we get into the quest. With a growing family it was time. The quest is perfect!

We shopped around all the competition, drove all except the Toyota. We couldn’t stand the Toyota’s cheep interior and this was the top of the line trim as well. It just felt cheep. The Honda drove nice, ok interior, but was really noisy on the road. Also with their transmission issues we didn’t want to deal with it. The navi screens were very low quality as well. Our 2nd choice was the Chrysler. They did a great job with it. The interior was great. The 2nd row seats weren’t that good, and that was with the premium seats and not the stow and go. Those were really thin. The arm rests on that row were taxi cab quality.

Then the quest. Interior quality is just so many levels above the competition. Plus its made 100% in Japan, a big plus. The exterior looks great in my opinion. The rear section is a direct copy of the new QX 56, which is a good thing. It drives better then the rest of them as well. We have really grown to love the CVT, plus the VQ is still top notch, I love the sound;)
    Anyway on to the pics, it’s the LE with every option. We just love it enjoy! This is after my detailing. Zaino is what I use. By far the shiniest stuff I have ever used. Its great!

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

The “old” maxima
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Det1t
    Participant

Nice my wife and I traded in our 2010 Maxima for our 2011 Quest. I wish we would have gotten the nav system in the van. We loved the Maxima nav system. Now if I could find a way to stop the beeping when the doors open.

wolfy
    Participant

Yeah that is exactly why we got the Nav again!!! Its the same as the Max, just a bigger screen.

Not sure what beeping you are talking about? Mine doesn’t do that, Im sure its some silly setting somewhere. If not you might call the dealer, they should be able to help you out!!!

We miss our max, until we get into the quest. They are so nice!! The max is a great car, but for our family it sure is great to have the room of the quest!

slalomskie

The 2012 quest got a pretty good rating in Consumer Reports,

mikedadrumma
    Participant

Looks great! I love those wheels…I have the SV, but the 16″ wheels look pretty good. I need to post some pics of the mods that I have done to mine. Just subtle & simple things that you can do here and there to improve the look.

Mike

ihot

Hi,
    Does anyone know how Quest compare vs Honda’s Odyssey in ConsumerReports.org ratings?
    Thanks.

jkaramy
    Participant

Mike, please share those improvements done. It’ll be much appreciatted.

solymosi

Looks great! I’ve always been a fan of the Maxima so I’m glad to know that the Quest compares well – in van form.

Enjoy your new vehicle!

Pete

wolfy
    Participant

yeah we for sure loved the maxima. Fantastic car! We sure miss it until we get into the quest. Then we are reminded of how glad we are that we traded.

wildwilly
    Participant

Great looking van Wolfy….Love the back and can not imagine having to take care of it…..I was shocked at how big and difficult this thing is to wash compared to my Oddy. I went with the White…..

I see you are a Kansas State Fan….Remember Andre Coleman? He is from my area..Great Guy.

wolfy
    Participant

Thanks! yeah black its a bear! And yes it is a huge van. I thought the maxima was big, now not so much…

I just hand wash it usually once a week. Takes time but its worth it. I enjoy it anyway. So its fun. The white looks great on these as well!

I went to Kansas State, yes, I do remember him. glad to see my cats back up top!

I agree with everything you said in your selection process post. I also used to own a Maxima, actually two Maximas a long time ago.

I haven’t had the Quest long but I can’t stop gazing adoringly at it. 🙂

wolfy
    Participant

awesome. Glad you are liking yours as well. we have almost 20,000 miles on ours now. Not a bit of troubles

wolfy
    Participant

30k miles now. Replaced those crappy toyo tires.

Had all 4 corners brakes redone under warranty. Dealer took good care of me. Turned all 4 rotors and replaced all the pads. There was just a very very slight vibration. I am very picky most people didn’t notice it.

We are typically very easy on brakes. My last truck went 135k miles on stock pads. They were thin but not shot. I replaced them anyway.

Van is still running great.

Swagger Wagon Dad
    Participant

Does anyone have any recommendations for replacing the OEM tires?

I have a 2012 Quest LE with the 235/55 R18 tires. My OEM Toyo A22’s are wore out after 15,000 miles. Is this typical?

I live in SW PA and this vehicle is driven in all weather…I’d like something that has good traction or as best as can be expected, especially in the snow.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.