4 CV Boots in 2 years. WHY? also Climate Control Problems. HELP!

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest 4 CV Boots in 2 years. WHY? also Climate Control Problems. HELP!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bluyacht 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

StevenE

In the last 2 Years all 4 CV Boots have Split and threw grease. First the right outer two years ago and then 1 yr later the left outer and now both inner boots have blown at the same time. I only have 62,000 miles on vehicle and the van does not get abused. Why do you think this is happening? Also, My climate control in my GLE works for about an hour and after an hour it blows cold air at all temps except 90 degrees, and then it blows real hot air at 90 degrees. I took to dealership and they said it was the thermostat was getting stuck and that they fixed it but next day same problem. Anyone here with similar problems or can help with advice please post reply. Thanks.

toomanyfumes

I just did an oil change on my 2001 Villager with 57000 miles and I noticed both outer boots were completely split all the way around. It was only $40.00 more to have new axles put on then have the boots and outer CV’s replaced.

Bluyacht
    Participant

Hi StevenE, were you able to resolve your problem with the heater blowing cold air until you turn up the thermostat to 90?

You posted: “My climate control in my GLE works for about an hour and after an hour it blows cold air at all temps except 90 degrees, and then it blows real hot air at 90 degrees. I took to dealership and they said it was the thermostat was getting stuck and that they fixed it but next day same problem.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.