95 Quest Hard Starting in the AM

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1993 – 1998 Nissan Quest 95 Quest Hard Starting in the AM

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mtnpapa201 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mtnpapa201
    Participant

I’ve had our Quest for a number of years and it’s been the best car I’ve ever owned. It’s always started quickly but recently it’s been a little hard to start in the AM. I’ve changed the fuel filter, plugs and air filter. It seems to start a little better if I let the fuel pump run for a few seconds before cranking the engine. I would suspect the fuel pump is going but it starts OK after the engine is warm. I noticed one of the vacuum lines going into the air intake system was cracked so I cut off the cracked part and reattached it. I also noticed a vacuum line coming from the engine/trans area under the starter was disconnected. It has a 180 degree bend in the metal part on the unattached end but I can’t figure out where it attaches. Any ideas? Is there a manual I can download?

prgonzalez
    Participant

That line with the 180 degree bend metal is crankcase ventilation. Nothing to worry about.

If you haven’t done so, I would recommend replacing all vacuum hoses in the engine. Specially the hoses around the EGR valve. The heat hardens all hoses creates craks or severe internal deterioration. Specially the one connected to the EGR.

You can find the manual at http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest

mtnpapa201
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestion on the hoses and the link for the manual. I figured the unattached hose was not a problem, as it runs fine, but it’s nice to know what it is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.