'99 Quest Timing Belt Replacement

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest '99 Quest Timing Belt Replacement

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  coupe1942 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

raptorider

We are replacing the timing belt after breakage. Got all marks lined up correctly and rotated engine by hand a full revolution and back to TDC. Marks on cover and sprockets all line up, but mark on belt is off one tooth on everything. Pulled everything off and tried again in case something was off a hair. Same result. What are we doing wrong?

prgonzalez
    Participant

I remember that when I changed the belt on my van. After you align everything on the belt and sprockets, you will see the belt mark off one tooth every full turn. What is important here is the timing to be correct in every valve and piston position.

raptorider

My husband actually talked to a tech monday at the dealership and he said the same thing. We have her back together and running, rough, but running. He’s draining the 3 year old gas that’s in her, I think that’s the only problem now. Thanks for the info!

coupe1942
    Participant

Not trying to get off track in hihacking this thread in any manner, but it is just that I can no longer lay on the hard concrete and snap back up the way I used to when younger. We also lease our home, so I can’t really risk mucking up the driveway or garage floor with oil or grease. My question is, does anyone know what one would reasonably expect to pay out to have the timing belt replaced on a ’99 Quest at the average shop these days? What is the suggested timeframe in doing this for this year model? Thanks for any info.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.