99 villager no injector pulse

New Topics Forums General Discussion 1999 – 2002 Nissan Quest 99 villager no injector pulse

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lilblkshp 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lilblkshp
    Participant

some other guy was working on it and he couldnt get it running for two months so they bring it to me. i check spark, got it. i check fuel, have everything but injector pulse. so i spray starter fluid and still wont run so i check timing, its right. so i set it tdc and pull dist cap, way off. so i set the dist to number one with eng at tdc. spray starter fluid and runs like a champ. when i first got the van i notice alot of grass and leaves under hood like critter nesting. pull intake and voila, critter chewed up injector wire. seperate injector wires and unplug all non essential sensors and pulse comes back. repair wire with wire laying around( not sure if it has to be certain kind of wire) but pulse goes away? switched pcm with known good pcm from another van, even put pcm from this van in other and it works. pulled harness in engine bay and checked continuity and thats fine. its got me kinda baffled????????

Lokahi117
    Participant

Man you sound like a pro so I’m sure youve thought of this. But if I was working on it, I would go from unplugging all the sensors and getting back to where you get injector pulse, then hook up only one thing at a time ( start with repairing the broken injector wire (solder and heat shrink is better here than butt connectors to keep resistance to a minimum). Then after each thing you hook up/repair, check for injector pulse. This allows you to isolate the variables in the car, so you can divide and conquer the various potential problems. The one you hook up that stops the pulse, is the problem.

lilblkshp
    Participant

thanks for the input. thats the problem, since i repaired(solder and heat shrink) the wire i cant get the pulse back. i have alldata and mitchell but neither breaks it down to exactly what the pcm needs to see to produce the pulse. ive been over this thing with a fine point needle. id rather break down and rebuild ten motors than mess with this van:-)

lilblkshp
    Participant

on a hunch decided to switch pcm again and voila pulse came back. somewhere in the process the other pcm decided to call it quits. thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.