A weird series of events…..

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest A weird series of events…..

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Oldman 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

christynbj
    Participant

I have a 2007 Nissan Quest SE. Yesterday I noticed that the “brake” and “battery” lights would come on when I was at a full, idling stop. Release of the brake turned the lights off.
    This continued all day yesterday until I came to a stop at a stop sign. When I tried to accelerate away from teh stop, there was no response. AT ALL. No revving of the engine or anything. The car moved forward at an idle. I quickly pulled over and ran through the following tests:
    Reverse: no acceleration, or revving
    Drive: No acceleration, or revving
    Lower gears: no response
    Park: engine would rev as usual when accelerator was pushed. I turned the car off, waited a minute, and restarted.
    The restart occurred, but with difficulty (sounded like a dying battery)
    I was able to idle the car into a local parking lot, and parked it for AAA rescue.
    It would not start after that (dead battery)
    40 minutes later, AAA appeared, and the car started, but still had no acceleration in drive or reverse.

We’re having it looked at today, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I am so glad it happened in the location it did, and not on a busy street!!!

Oldman
    Participant

Dead alternator, most likely. The local parts stores will be able to test the charging system for free.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.