AC blows hot on driver side, cold on passenger

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest AC blows hot on driver side, cold on passenger

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  sallyh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

After a weather change (it’s hot now), the AC started blowing only hot air on the driver’s side, but the passenger side is nice and cool? Any ideas?

What year is your Quest? It could be a few issues. For example, there are a few TSBs on the 2004 Quest with regard to the air conditioning unit, expansion valve, o-ring, ac clutch replacement, etc.

This is one of those things, you’ll have to get a mechanic to diagnose.

I am having the same exact issue and my mechanic has not found any leaks as of yet. He is running dye through it and then going to use a UV light to see if there are any leaks. I will let you know what I find out. I read elsewhere that is could be the climate control module is bad or it could be the actuator motor that opens the vents could be bad as well.

I am having the same problem. I ran the self-diagnosis and got codes 50 and 52, which are “Optical sensor circuit open or short” for driver and passenger. After looking at the manual Page 136, I’m not sure this is the solution. I haven’t tried it yet, though.

Just wondering if you got yours fixed. It’s 100 degrees here in Mississippi, and I’m not sure I can take this any longer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.