AC Compressor Sheared Off!!!

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest AC Compressor Sheared Off!!!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gte811f 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

gte811f

I have a 2007 Quest base model (46K miles) and the AC stopped blowing cold air about a week ago. I took it to a Nissan dealership this morning and just received a call that the ac compressor sheared off of the vehicle and must have fallen through the engine compartment. Crazy! Right? The service guy said that he’d never seen or heard of this happening before. He said I should have heard a noise but I never heard a thing. My question is should I attempt to replace this compressor myself since the AC system may have debris (metal shavings, dust, dirt, …) in it? Doesn’t the whole system need to be cleaned out. Other than basic tools (socket set, wrenches, screwdrivers) , I probably don’t have what I need to the job. Are there any other components that will need to be replaced? I guess what I really need some advice on is what should I look out for? I’ve worked on previous cars before but never touched the AC system except for adding refrigerant.

The dealership has quoted $1,000 for the replacement of the compressor.

Any help or advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.