Acceleration problemd – 2004 Quest

New Topics Forums General Discussion 2004 – 2009 Nissan Quest Acceleration problemd – 2004 Quest

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  fithos 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

fpietracupa

I own a 2004 Quest. I have had this problem since the beginning and the dealer has never been able to fix it. Sometimes, 2-3 times per year, the van acclerates very slow at start up. It is like there is something wrong with the gears. All I have to do to fix the problem is shut off the van, restart it, and the acceleration is back to normal. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

NYQuest
    Participant

Mine did that this weekend. Kind of felt like a clutch slipping on a car with a standard Transmission. Pulled over turned van off then back on. After that is has been fine. No service lights either.

Sure would like to know what it is also.

Tk

Mine did that as well, was fixed with a transmission software update.

fpietracupa

Hi, thanks for the info. Can you give me more info on what exactly was done. If you can read it off your work order, it would be great.

afclay1
    Participant

Here is the problem I had. We had driven the van all weekend and we stopped at a ball game. My wife drove the van about 400 yards and it died. It was hard to start and would only go very slow in drive (felt like it had no power and it felt like something was slipping). We also got a service engine soon light. I borrowed my neighbor’s code checker and we got a P0340. The code was for the bank 1 Cam position sensor. I ordered one from my local parts store $50. There are three speed sensors two right underneath the hood and one on the bottom of the engine. Bank 1 Cam position sensor is towards the back of the engine on the top.

wakeman2

Our 2004 quest does this as well and we just turn the car off and back on and it’s fine. No service light comes on. Would love to hear what the transmission software update is.

grndsm

Your transmission is stuck in a higher gear (2nd or 3rd). Back when my Quest was under the warranty, I forced my dealer to replace the TCU (tranny computer). He didn’t want to do it, but eventually gave in.

There is a TSB that states that it is a tranny computer problem and often times the code is NOT stored! So they have to take your word for it. Back then, computer re-flash was not mentioned as an option.

Leon
    ’04 Quest SL

Tk

to be honest I am not entirely sure. What was described to me was that they recieved updated code (software) for the transmission computer. Since they added the new code I havent had the problem (over 3 years now). When the problem first started I mentioned it to the dealer and they werent suprised so it had obviously been occuring with other vans. They mentioned the new software was coming and it should fix it… which it did.

fithos

Does anyone knows if this affects the 5 speed auto transmission too or is it just 4 speed auto specific?

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.